Memoirs Cocktail Bar & Restaurant
Memoirs Restaurant and Cocktail bar is located in West Stockwell Street which is just off Colchester High street in the heart of Colchester.
Memoirs serves a host of modern delights, which from their website state have been influenced by international flavours and ingredients.
Cocktails are served from early evening at the modern bar. Guests are welcome to relax with a drink before they sit to eat and the late closing time is perfect for those wishing to stay on after dinner.
Two private rooms offer another level of luxury. Available for events, meetings and celebrations of all kinds they can be adapted to suite your needs, with special menus, drinks selections, refreshments and dedicated staff.
Memoirs offer two main A la Carte menu’s, a sample of the dishes can be seen below
- Homemade soup of the day, served with made bread
- Waldorf salad, pickled celeriac, burnt apple puree, sugared walnuts, raisin mayonnaise
- Pea and broad bean risotto, mint yogurt
- Pressed beef and bacon terrine, ale jelly, game crisps, watercress
- Deep fried cod cheeks, crispy capers, lemon and dill aioli, pickled cucumber
- Seafood platter: House cured trout, smoked mackerel mousse, chilli and garlic squid & flatbreads
- Braised pork belly, Lamb rump, fondant potato, pea puree, mange tout, juss
- Braised pork belly, wholegrain mustard mash, wilted greens, apple puree, juss
- 8oz sirloin steak, twice cooked chips, red onion and tomato salad
- Hake fillet, cannellini bean ragout, parmentier potatoes, wilted greensSea bream, artichoke, fennel, sauté potatoes, caper butter sauce
- Pea, mint and broad bean risotto sugared walnuts, pea shoots
- Ratatouille tagliatelli, crumbled feta cheese, toasted almonds
- Plum tart tatin, ginger and vanilla crème fraiche
- Rich chocolate tart, hazelnut ice cream
- Passion fruit cheesecake, mango salsa
- Baileys crème brulee, tuille
- Eton Mess
- Cheese board, with homemade water biscuits, celery & chutney
- Mixed ice creams and sorbets
Memoirs Restaurant is open for lunch Monday to Saturday from 12.30pm to 2.30pm, you will need to get there thirty minutes before closing as they stop taking order at 2.15pm.
Monday to Thursday they start serving dinner at 6.00pm and continue taking bookings until 8.45pm, On Friday’s and Saturday’s they are happy to take bookings until 9.15pm.
vaulted ceilings, period architecture and ornate artwork makes Memoirs is a beautiful place to eat, as you can see from the image below the interior is outstanding.
For those of you that love a bit of history, you may be interested to know that memoirs was previously the site of the old Library/magistrates court.
Getting here is easy, situated just off colchester high street, means it is close to all the main Colchester car parks as well as being a stone’s throw away from the main Taxi rank and bus stop. Colchester’s North Station with main links to London is located 1.2 miles awayMemoirs Restaurant WEbsite